Gifts That Give Back
Tis the Season to support the animals! If you have pet lovers in your circle of family and friends, consider giving gifts that give back to the animals of the VBSPCA.
- Make a donation to the VBSPCA Miracle Medical Fund. A gift to the Miracle Medical Fund will touch the heart of any animal lover. The VBSPCA Miracle Medical Fund benefits the medical care of over 2,500 homeless pets annually. Many of the animals who come through our shelter have been neglected or abused and require more costly treatment for conditions such as heartworm, broken bones, and dental disease. This fund makes needed medical care possible, and the road to forever homes begins with you. Click here to make your gift today!
- Sponsor a kennel, condo, or cabin in someone’s name. These very important sponsorships contribute to the cost of shelter and care for shelter animals providing a unique opportunity to directly support animals in need. A personalized plaque will be placed on your chosen kennel, condo, or cabin for an entire year, and sponsors receive quarterly updates on the animals who have benefitted from your kindness. Gifting a sponsorship to a loved one is a great way to show you care. To learn more, click here.
- Include some extra love in your holiday cards by purchasing our inserts. Stop by the shelter, make a donation, and pick up some adorable holiday inserts that tuck right inside your greeting cards. This is a great way to share compassion while celebrating the joy of the season.
- Purchase pet toys or VBSPCA apparel as gifts for friends and family. The VBSPCA has a great retail store that has a variety of different gifts for both your favorite animals and humans! Plus, all retail revenue goes directly back to the animals of the VBSPCA.
- Gift a membership to the animal lover on your list. VBSPCA Members get perks throughout the year, including discounts on retail, events, and more. Plus – all members get a very special “For the Animals” tee which helps promote the cause all year long. Learn more here.
- Purchase a VBSPCA gift card that can be used for retail items or adoptions. Give the gift of compassion with a VBSPCA Gift Card! Cards can be used for retail purchases and adoptions, however all adoption policies and procedures still apply.
Done shopping but still want to help? Consider being a VBSPCA Holiday Elf!
Our Holiday Elf Foster Program gives our dogs a break from the shelter and offers them the joy and warmth of a home for a few days. Not only is this an act of compassion for a shelter animal, it eases the burden on the shelter staff who have to work through the holiday. Holiday Elves pick up their shelter pup on Thursday, December 23rd and return the animal to the shelter on Sunday, December 26th. This brief foster commitment is a wonderful way to be in service to the animals. If you are interested in being a Holiday Elf, email us here.