Gifts That Give Back
‘Tis the Season to Celebrate the Animals! Whether giving gifts that support the pups, joining us for our Holiday Lighting and Open House, participating in our Holiday Elf program, or scheduling a visit from the brand new Paws Express, there are lots of ways to support the animals through the holidays.
Surprise Your Staff
Schedule a visit with the VBSPCA Paws Express! During the week of December 14-20, the VBSPCA Paws Express will be making stops throughout Virginia Beach to share the spirit of the season through the joy of animal companionship. Mrs. Paws and her elves will bring puppies, kittens, and shelter animals to local businesses to help spread joy, relieve stress, and get shelter animals some much needed socialization. All donations will go toward the Miracle Medical Fund, click here for more information!
Gifts the Give Back
If you have animal lovers in your circle of family and friends, consider giving gifts that gives back to the animals! The VBSPCA has a number of fun, heartfelt ways to support the mission this Holiday Season.
- Make a Holiday gift to Miracle Medical Fund in honor of a loved one. A gift to the Miracle Medical Fund will touch the heart of any animal lover. The VBSPCA Miracle Medical Fund benefits the medical care of over 2,700 homeless pets annually. Many of the animals who come through our shelter have been neglected or abused and require more costly treatment for conditions such as heartworm, broken bones, and dental disease. This fund makes needed medical care possible, and the road to forever homes begins with you. Click here to make your gift today!
- Sponsor a kennel, cat condo, or small animal cabin in someone’s name. These very important sponsorships contribute to the cost of shelter and care for shelter animals providing a unique opportunity to directly support animals in need. A personalized plaque will be placed your chosen kennel, condo, or cabin for an entire year, and sponsors receive quarterly updates on the animals who have benefitted from your kindness. Gifting a sponsorship to a loved one is a great way to show you care. To learn more, click here.
- Send VBSPCA Holiday Cards or including inserts in your cards. We have very special holiday greeting cards that feature some VBSPCA animals! Cards are sold in packs of 10 and can be purchased at the VBSPCA shelter. If you already have your holiday cards, you can pick up some holiday inserts that tuck right inside your greeting cards. Both are great ways to support the animals while spreading the joy of the season.
- Purchase Pet Toys or VBSPCA Apparel as gifts for family and friends. The VBSPCA has a great retail section that has a variety of different gifts for both your favorite animals and humans! Plus, all money made goes directly back to the VBSPCA and helps support the VBSPCA mission. Take a look at our gift guide here.
- Gift a Membership. VBSPCA Members get perks throughout the year, including discounts on retail, events, and more. Plus – all members get a very special “For the Animals” tee which helps promote the cause all year long. Learn more here.
Other Ways to Support the Animals this Season
- Come to the Open House and Lighting. Take a couple hours to surround yourself with the best kind of holiday spirit – the four-legged kind. Wrap up the first week of December with a tree lighting for the animals, a Parade of Pooches, light hors d’oeuvres, family activities, and festive beverages. Stop by to meet our CEO and staff, visit with adoptable animals, get a kickstart on some holiday shopping, and put an ornament on our holiday tree. It will be a special evening, and we hope to see you there! Click here for more information.
- Be a Holiday Elf and foster a shelter pup from December 24-26. Our Holiday Elf Foster Program gives animals a break from the shelter and allows them to enjoy the warmth of a home for a few days. And not only does this help the animal, it eases the burden on the shelter staff who have to work through the holiday. This brief foster commitment is a wonderful way to be in service to the animals. If you are interested, email us here.