Every in-kind donation helps us save money that will be reallocated to help even more animals, and your donation enriches the lives of animals in our care until they find their forever homes. We can’t thank you enough.
Below is a comprehensive list of items we use on a regular basis. Also, Amazon Gift Cards are always appreciated for our Amazon wish list!
Animal Care Supplies
- New or Gently Used Linens: blankets, sheets, towels, and washcloths. **No pillows please**
- Pill Pockets
- Dog Treats, Training Treats, and Cat Treats
- Chicken or Beef Broth
- Durable, Stuffed Dog Toys *Used toys like tennis balls cannot be accepted for sanitary reasons.*
- Kong Toys (any size) and Kong Wobblers
- Nylabone Dog Toys
- Busy Feeder Bowls
- Carbineer Clips or Double-Sided Clips
- Ceramic Bowls
- Cat Scratchers – especially Turbo Scratcher circular cardboard refills
- Cat Toys
- Wooden Small Animal Enrichment Toys (birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, gerbils, mice)
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding
- Heating Pads (NOT automatic shutoff)
- Baby Wipes (non-alcohol based, preferably unscented)
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap (Dawn is preferred)
- Hand Soap
- Heavy Duty Scrub Brushes & Sponges
- Dish Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Ziploc Bags (all sizes)
You can make your donation go even further by purchasing pet products at the VBSPCA’s main shelter or at the VBSPCA’s Pet Supplies and Adoption Center in Kempsville, where all proceeds go back to helping the animals!
Please note: Most pet toys do have to be in new condition or have the ability to be sanitized and reused. Also, we are thrilled to be partnered with Purina who graciously donates food for our canine and feline residents. With the exception of small animal food, please note that any donated dog and cat food is placed in our Pet Pantry.