VBSPCA Pet Pantry now extends to federal employees impacted by the government shutdown
As a member of the Purina Shelter Champion Network, we are able to provide assistance to pet owners experiencing financial hardship due to the government shutdown. To help ensure pets remain fed, healthy and in their homes during this time, Purina is offering a pet food and litter donation to the Virginia Beach SPCA and 46 other Purina Shelter Champion partners across the country, for distribution to federal employees.
Federal employees can apply at the Virginia Beach SPCA shelter on Holland Rd. for pet food and litter assistance during the government shutdown. Applicants must show a valid federal work ID and are subject to all Pet Pantry requirements, with the exception of income, listed below.
The Virginia Beach SPCA Pet Pantry
The Virginia Beach SPCA Pet Pantry Program temporarily provides pet food (for dogs and cats) for families experiencing unexpected economic hardship. An application must be completed at the VBSPCA Shelter on Holland Rd. in order to be considered.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must:
1. Be 18 years or older.
2. Present a picture ID containing a current address.
3. Provide proof of government assistance or a combined household income of $35,000 or less.
4. Provide the names of all household members over the age of 18.
5. All pets must be spayed or neutered.
VBSPCA Pet Pantry Guidelines:
1. Recipients must complete an application to receive food. All information provided will be kept confidential.
2. Food distribution is every Sunday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Recipients must pick up food from the VBSPCA and present the Pet Pantry card issued to them. Failure to pick up food during the pantry hours can result in dismissal from the program.
3. The VBSPCA Pet Pantry depends solely on donated food and will only be able to provide food that is available at the time of pickup.
4. The quantity of pet food received will depend upon the number of owned pets, their size, and the available supply at the time of distribution.
5. The VBSPCA reserves the right to deny food to anyone under any circumstance or to make exceptions based on individual needs.
6. Re-sale of food provided through the VBSPCA Pet Pantry is not permitted.