The Virginia Beach SPCA Pet Pantry
The Virginia Beach SPCA Pet Pantry Program temporarily provides pet food (for dogs and cats) for families experiencing unexpected economic hardship. An application must be completed at the VBSPCA Shelter on Holland Rd. in order to be considered.
In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must:
1. Be 18 years or older.
2. Present a picture ID containing a current address.
3. Provide proof of government assistance or a combined household income of $35,000 or less.*
4. Provide the names of all household members over the age of 18.
5. All pets must be spayed or neutered.
*We have loosened restrictions due to the pandemic and our pantry is available to anyone experiencing financial hardship.
VBSPCA Pet Pantry Guidelines:
1. Recipients must complete an application to receive food. All information provided will be kept confidential.
2. Food distribution takes place during regular business hours. Recipients must pick up food from the VBSPCA and present the Pet Pantry card issued to them. Failure to pick up food during the pantry hours can result in dismissal from the program.
3. The VBSPCA Pet Pantry depends solely on donated food and will only be able to provide food that is available at the time of pickup.
4. The quantity of pet food received will depend upon the number of owned pets, their size, and the available supply at the time of distribution.
5. The VBSPCA reserves the right to deny food to anyone under any circumstance or to make exceptions based on individual needs.
6. Re-sale of food provided through the VBSPCA Pet Pantry is not permitted.