The Virginia Beach SPCA welcomes middle and high school students who are required to complete community service hours by their school. For this purpose, we schedule “School Community Service Saturdays” once per month. WE DO NOT ALLOW WALK-INS FOR VOLUNTEERING, PROJECTS, OR INTERVIEWS. PROJECT INTERVIEWS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Students will be able to come to the shelter on the dates below to complete their hours. Students will not be allowed to come any other day or time to complete hours.
The schedule for the 2018-2019 School Year is as follows:
October 20; November 17; December 8; January 19; February 9; March 23; April 27; May 18
The service hours are from 12:00 – 2:00 PM. Students wanting to participate in a Community Service Project Day MUST do the following:
- RSVP AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE: Students must email their RSVP for the date(s)they wish to attend to email@example.com Walk in’s will be turned away due to limited space, chaperones, and projects. No exceptions!
- RETURN THE LIABILITY WAIVER: Fill out, sign, and submit the Liability Waiver found here (original – no emailed or faxed copies, please) BEFORE the C/S Day to 3040 Holland Road, VB 23453. A new waiver is required each school year.
- ATTACH PROOF OF SCHOOL REQUIREMENT to waiver.
- ADHERE TO DRESS CODE: Wear long pants & closed-toed shoes. Students arriving in inappropriate dress (shorts, flip-flops, etc.) will not be able to work in the shelter.
- CELL PHONES AND IPODS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE OUT DURING A WORK SHIFT! If students do not participate in assigned tasks, we reserve the right not to sign off on their community service hours.
- Students must stay in assigned area with chaperones at all times.