What we are doing to help protect VBSPCA visitors, clients, volunteers, and associates:
- We require everyone on the VBSPCA premises to wear masks. That includes staff, volunteers, and all guests. Additionally, we have plexiglass partitions set up in our lobby to better protect you and our staff during check-ins, adoption procedures, and pet retail store purchases.
- We are limiting capacity in our shelter and encouraging social distancing. When you arrive at our shelter, you will check in with our greeter. If we are at capacity, you will be placed on our waiting list, given a buzzer, and asked to wait outside or in your car until we have space. Please be prepared to wait, especially if you are visiting the shelter on the weekend. You do not need to make an appointment to visit our available animals.
- We are utilizing curbside check-in for our clinic. Clients are asked to park in the pre-designated parking spaces and send a text to the number on the parking sign. Our clinic staff will pick your pet up from your car and return him when his appointment is complete.
- We are requiring appointments for all intakes and adoptions. Intake appointments can be made by emailing email@example.com. Adoption appointments will be made at the time the application is approved.
- We continue to update our cleaning procedures. We use medical grade sanitizers throughout our facility. In addition to the rigorous cleaning protocols we have in place to protect our animals, we have increased how often we clean our public spaces including door handles, restrooms, and other high-touch surfaces.
- We provide hand sanitizer throughout our facility. Please sanitize your hands after touching surfaces and in between interacting with different animals. Ask a staff member if you need help finding a sanitizing station.
The safety of our guests and animals is our top priority. Please help us reduce the spread of COVID-19 by following all instructions.