We continue to update our COVID-19 precautions in accordance with the CDC and state guidelines. If you feel unwell or have any of the following symptoms, please do NOT visit the VBSPCA: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, or diarrhea. Below are the current policies of the VBSPCA.
- We require all visitors ages 2 and older to wear a mask while inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. If you have recently recovered from COVID-19, we ask that you wear a KN95 mask while in the building in accordance with CDC guidelines. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe environment for our guests and employees.
- We are limiting capacity in our shelter and encouraging social distancing. When you arrive at our shelter, you will check in with our greeter. If we are at capacity, you will be placed on our waiting list, given a buzzer, and asked to wait outside or in your car until we have space. Please be prepared to wait, especially if you are visiting the shelter on the weekend. You do not need to make an appointment to visit our available animals.
- We continue to utilize curbside check-in for our clinic and require all clinic clients to wear masks while interacting with our staff members. This applies to both indoor and outdoor interactions, and failure to comply will result in your pet being denied clinic care. Clients are asked to park in the pre-designated parking spaces and send a text to the number on the parking sign. Our clinic staff will pick your pet up from your car and return him when his appointment is complete.
- We are requiring appointments for all intakes and adoptions. Intake appointments can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Adoption appointments will be made at the time the application is approved.
- We continue to update our cleaning procedures. We use medical grade sanitizers throughout our facility. In addition to the rigorous cleaning protocols we have in place to protect our animals, we have increased how often we clean our public spaces including door handles, restrooms, and other high-touch surfaces.
- We provide hand sanitizer throughout our facility. Please sanitize your hands after touching surfaces and in between interacting with different animals. Ask a staff member if you need help finding a sanitizing station.
The safety of our guests and animals is our top priority. Please help us reduce the spread of COVID-19 by following all instructions. Thank you for your cooperation as we protect our staff and our ability to maintain uninterrupted animal care.