We continue to update our COVID-19 precautions in accordance with the CDC and state guidelines. Below are the current policies of the VBSPCA.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to wear a mask. If you have not been fully vaccinated, please continue to wear a mask.
- At this time we have lifted capacity restrictions in our shelter and will no longer utilize a waiting list. Should a line form to visit young puppies when they are made available on Wednesdays and Fridays, we will utilize a waiting list for puppy visitors. You do not need to make an appointment to visit our available animals.
- We continue to utilize curbside check-in for our clinic. Clients are asked to park in the pre-designated parking spaces and send a text to the number on the parking sign. Our clinic staff will pick your pet up from your car and return him when his appointment is complete.
- We are requiring appointments for all intakes and adoptions. Intake appointments can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Adoption appointments will be made at the time the application is approved.
- We continue to update our cleaning procedures. We use medical grade sanitizers throughout our facility. In addition to the rigorous cleaning protocols we have in place to protect our animals, we have increased how often we clean our public spaces including door handles, restrooms, and other high-touch surfaces.
- We provide hand sanitizer throughout our facility. Please sanitize your hands after touching surfaces and in between interacting with different animals. Ask a staff member if you need help finding a sanitizing station.
The safety of our guests and animals is our top priority. Please help us reduce the spread of COVID-19 by following all instructions.