We accept court-ordered community service volunteers on a limited basis. Because we cannot accommodate all requests, it is recommended that you complete the court ordered community service application process well in advance of the deadline for your hours. This is also recommended for those individuals who wish to show volunteer hours prior to going to a court hearing. All volunteers must pay a registration fee and complete a volunteer orientation prior to completing any volunteer hours. Court Ordered Community Service orientations are held once a month (except for December).
- All court ordered community service applicants must pay a registration fee of $25 to cover program costs. This registration fee is non-refundable regardless if you are declined, discontinue your service, or end the court ordered community service application process. The registration fee includes your uniform t-shirt and activation in our volunteer software.
- We are unable to allow individuals whose crimes are associated with a felony and/or the following: theft, larceny, fraud, violence, narcotics, sexual misconduct, drug activity beyond minor marijuana offenses, and animal mistreatment. Individuals who apply with any of the above mentioned crimes will be declined and will not be refunded the paid registration fee. If you are unsure if your crime meets program requirements, it is advised you contact the Volunteer Manager prior to paying the registration fee.
- You must provide proof of your court ordered community service hours. Acceptable documents include: court judgements, a letter from your lawyer, and/or the ticket you were issued. This document must be received before your application is approved. Applications without proof of hours will be considered incomplete and will not be refunded the paid registration fee.
- Individuals who are wishing to show volunteer hours prior to a court hearing will need to complete the same application process and requirements as individuals who are completing court ordered community service.
- Pay the registration fee. Once you have submitted payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our Court Ordered Community Service Application. Please check your spam mail folder if it does not arrive in your inbox.
- Complete the Court Ordered Community Service Application. The application includes two qualification pieces. One is to electronically sign our policies and waivers. The second is to upload proof of your court ordered community service hours. Please see the information above for acceptable proof of documentation.
- Attend Orientation. Once you are accepted into the Court Ordered Community Service Volunteer program, you will receive an email inviting you to our volunteer portal. All volunteers must register for an orientation date through the portal and attend the orientation prior to their first volunteer shift. All orientations are held on Saturdays.
For questions or concerns regarding your court ordered community service, please contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or 757-427-0070 ext. 107.