We accept court-ordered community service volunteers on a limited basis. Because we cannot accommodate all requests, it is recommended that you complete the court ordered community service application process well in advance of the deadline for your hours. This is also recommended for those individuals who wish to show volunteer hours prior to going to a court hearing. All volunteers must pay a registration fee and complete a volunteer orientation prior to completing any volunteer hours. Court Ordered Community Service orientations are held once a month (except December).
- All court ordered community service applicants must pay a registration fee of $25 to cover program costs. This registration fee is non-refundable regardless if you are declined, discontinue your service, or end the court ordered community service application process. The registration fee includes your uniform t-shirt and activation in our volunteer software.
- We are unable to allow individuals whose crimes are associated with a felony and/or the following: theft, larceny, fraud, violence, narcotics, sexual misconduct, drug activity beyond minor marijuana offenses, and animal mistreatment. Individuals who apply with any of the above mentioned crimes will be declined and not refunded the paid registration fee. If you are unsure if your crime meets program requirements, it is advised you contact the Volunteer Manager prior to paying the registration fee.
- You must provide proof of your court ordered community service hours. Acceptable documents include: court judgements, a letter from your lawyer, and/or the ticket you were issued. This document must be received before your application is approved. Applications without proof of hours will be considered incomplete and not refunded the paid registration fee.
- Individuals who are wishing to show volunteer hours prior to a court hearing will need to complete the same application process and requirements as individuals who are completing court ordered community service.
- All court ordered community service volunteers are expected to attend orientation on one of the given dates to begin your volunteer journey after being accepted into the program. These orientations are from 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM on Saturdays. Please see the below 2023 dates for court ordered community service orientations.
January 7th | February 4th | March 4th | April 1st | May 6th | June 3rd
July 1st | August 5th | September 9th | October 14th | November 4th
Please note that Court Ordered Community Service Volunteer Orientations are not held in the month of December due to the holidays.
- Pay the registration fee – Once you have submitted payment, you will receive a confirmation receipt email with a link to our Court Ordered Community Service Application.
- Please check the spam mail folder if it is not visible in the Inbox.
Complete the Court Ordered Community Service Application – Once you have submitted your completed application, you will receive a confirmation receipt email about how to submit your proof of court ordered service. Please check the spam mail folder if it is not visible in the Inbox.
- Once your application and proof of hours is received and approved, you will receive an approval letter with information on registering for orientation.
For questions or concerns regarding your court ordered community service, please contact the Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-427-0070 ext. 107.