On Saturday, March 30th, 2019, 250 rhinestone studded Hampton Roads business leaders, community members, and philanthropists came together at the Cavalier Golf & Yacht Club in celebration of the 3,500 + pets that will find homes this year through the Virginia Beach SPCA. Guests dined and danced, bid on silent auction items, and many raised their paddles to bring in a combined total of $185,000 for our mission.
- $75,000 of the funds raised will offset the medical expenses for the 3500 animals that will come through the VBSPCA this year
- $2,400 of the funds raised will go to our new dog yard project
- $105,000 of the funds raised will offset expenses for…
- 142 adoptable cats, dogs, puppies, kittens, and small animals
- 77 wildlife in rehabilitation
- 193 spay/neuter surgeries
- 310 children in our humane education programs
- 63 pets trained
In addition to our fundraising efforts, the evening also recognized some very important supporters who have served as leading examples of the VBSPCA mission in action. This year’s award recipients were Dennis and Jan Ellmer who were honored with our first ever Compassion Award and the late Micky Jester who was honored with our Lifesaver Award. It was a very special night that will have a lasting impact on our organization. Don Monteaux Photography was there to capture the night, and his photos are available to view and purchase via the link below. 50% of photo proceeds will be donated back to the animals of the VBSPCA.
We also shared a few videos at the event, and you can watch them via the links below.
We thank all who came out for the event and we look forward to celebrating again next year, if not before.
We would like to thank all of our 2019 sponsors: