Host a Fundraiser
If you would like to partner with the Virginia Beach SPCA for a fundraiser, adoption awareness event, or donation drive at your business, church, etc., please read through our policies below. If your fundraiser aligns with our policies, please fill out the form here and we will be in touch. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
VBSPCA Third Party Fundraiser Policies:
- The VBSPCA must approve all promotional materials prior to release or distribution.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the VBSPCA, if applicable.
- The VBSPCA is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third party fundraisers.
- The VBSPCA is not responsible for the implementation, promotion, or success of the fundraiser.
- Third party fundraisers are independently conducted, which means as the organizer you are responsible for all details of the event. This includes all promotional materials, underwriting all of the related costs, and all fundraiser coordination, marketing/promotion, and sales.
- Fundraising can be either monetary or in kind. If you would like to collect material donations, please visit our website to view a list of supplies used on a regular basis.
- The VBSPCA may share your Facebook event, but we will not co-host the event on Facebook.
- As long as the proposal has been submitted 30 days in advance of the event, the VBSPCA will include your event in our monthly third party website article and Facebook post, featuring VBSPCA fundraisers out in the community.
- The VBSPCA does not have a donation pickup service and we cannot accommodate pickup requests.
- The VBSPCA only facilitates animal adoptions onsite at our shelter, and we are unable to facilitate offsite adoption events.
- We have limited capacity to bring animals to offsite events, so we reserve animal appearances at third-party events for those with an anticipated guest attendance of 150 people and/or expect to generate a minimum of $500 in donations for our shelter.