Host a Fundraiser
The Virginia Beach SPCA is extremely grateful to our community for any and all efforts to fundraise for the animals! Your fundraiser or community event not only brings in donations that will help us with our operations, your efforts help raise awareness for the VBSPCA mission. As a nonprofit, we can’t do what we do without you.
If you would like to partner with the Virginia Beach SPCA for a fundraiser, adoption awareness event, or donation drive at your business, church, etc., please read through our policies below. If your event aligns with our policies, please fill out the form here and we will be in touch. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
VBSPCA Third Party Fundraiser Policies:
- We have limited capacity to bring animals to offsite events, so animal requests are assessed on a case by case basis.
- The VBSPCA is unable to facilitate offsite animal adoptions. events.All prospective adopters will need to follow up post-event at the VBSPCA shelter (in accordance with regular business hours). We cannot guarantee the adoption status of an animal offsite, and we are unable to “hold” an animal for interested parties until an application has been completed at the shelter.
- Third party fundraisers and events are independently conducted, which means as the organizer you are responsible for all details of the event. This includes all promotional materials, underwriting all of the related costs, and all fundraiser coordination, marketing/promotion, and sales.
- The VBSPCA must approve all promotional materials prior to release or distribution.
- The VBSPCA is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third party fundraisers.
- The VBSPCA is not responsible for the implementation, promotion, or success of the fundraiser.
- The VBSPCA may share your Facebook event, but we will not co-host the event on Facebook.
- As long as the proposal has been submitted 30 days in advance of the event, the VBSPCA will include your event in our monthly third party website article and Facebook post, featuring VBSPCA fundraisers out in the community.
If your event is a fundraiser for the VBSPCA:
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the VBSPCA, if applicable.
- Fundraising can be either monetary or in kind. If you would like to collect material donations, please visit our website to view a list of supplies used on a regular basis.
- The VBSPCA does not have a donation pickup service and we cannot accommodate pickup requests.