Ten Great Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog
1. House-trained - Older dogs are house-trained. You won't have to go through the difficult stage(s) of teaching a puppy house manners, and mopping or cleaning up after accidents.
2. Won't chew inappropriate items - Older dogs are not teething puppies, and won't chew your shoes and furniture while growing up.
3. Focus to learn - Older dogs can focus well because they've mellowed. Therefore, they learn quickly.
4. Know what "no" means - Older dogs have learned what "no" means. If they hadn't learned it, they wouldn't have gotten to be "older" dogs.
5. Settle in with the "pack" - Older dogs settle in easily, because they've learned what it takes to get along with others and become part of a pack.
6. Good at giving love - Older dogs are good at giving love, once they get into their new, loving home. They are ever so grateful for the second chance they've been given.
7. What You See Is What You Get: Unlike puppies, older dogs have grown into their shape and personality. Puppies can grow up to be quite different from what they seemed at first.
8. Instant companions - Older dogs are instant companions, ready for hiking, car trips, and other things you like to do.
9. Time for yourself - Older dogs leave you time for yourself, because they don't make the kinds of demands on your time and attention that puppies and young dogs do.
10. A good night's sleep - Older dogs let you get a good night's sleep because they're accustomed to human schedules and don't generally need nighttime feedings, comforting, or bathroom breaks.