Court Ordered Community Service: We accept court-ordered community service volunteers on a limited basis. We cannot accommodate all requests, so if you wish to fulfill your service hours here, you must let us know well in advance. This also includes those individuals who wish to show volunteer hours prior to going to a court hearing. Restrictions do apply. Contact email@example.com to inquire or 427-0070 extension 102.
2016-2017 School Year Community Service
The Virginia Beach SPCA welcomes students who are required to complete community service hours in their community by their school. For this purpose, we schedule “School Community Service Saturdays” once per month. WE DO NOT ALLOW WALK-INS FOR VOLUNTEERING, PROJECTS, OR INTERVIEWS. PROJECT INTERVIEWS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
The VBSPCA will host School Community Service Project weekends one Saturday per month for middle and high school students (no elementary-aged students). Students will be able to come to the shelter on those dates to complete their hours. Students will not be allowed to come any other day or time to complete hours.
The schedule for the 2016-2017 School Year is as follows:
October 22; November 19; December 17; January 21; February 11; March 18; April 22; and May 20.
The hours of service are from 9:00 – 11:00 AM. Students wanting to participate in a Community Service Project Day MUST do the following:
- RSVP AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE: Students must email their RSVP for the date/hours they wish to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org of the scheduled community service Saturday. No exceptions or walk in’s due to limited space/projects!
- RETURN THE LIABILITY WAIVER: Fill out, sign, and submit a Liability Waiver (original – no emailed or faxed copies, please) BEFORE the C/S Day to 3040 Holland Road, VB 23453.
- ATTACH PROOF OF SCHOOL REQUIREMENT to waiver.
- ADHERE TO DRESS CODE: Wear long pants & closed-toed shoes. Students arriving in inappropriate dress (shorts, flip-flops, etc.) will not be able to work in the shelter. Students may purchase a VBSPCA Volunteer T-Shirt for $20 if they so choose.
- CELL PHONES AND IPODS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE OUT DURING A WORK SHIFT! If students do not participate in assigned tasks, we reserve the right not to sign off on their community service hours.
- Students must stay in assigned area with chaperones at all times.