SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
PREPARING YOUR PET
Walk for the Animals Schedule of Events
Friday October 21, 12-6 pm
Bank Day at the Virginia Beach SPCA
This is your opportunity to turn in the donations you and/or your team have collected. You'll be able to pick up your Walk T-shirt to wear the day of the Walk, any earned fundraising prizes, and the first 400 to check in at Bank Day or Registration will receive a complimentary goody bag! While you are here, tour the shelter and check out the wonderful pets available for adoption. Avoid registration lines and come to Bank Day!
Sunday October 23
Neptune's Park - 31st Street at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront
11:30 - Registration and vendor fair open
11:45 - Demonstrations and games begin
12:00 - 12:45 - Costume contests for children and pets, pet trick contest
12:55 - Blessing of the Animals
1:00 - Walk for the Animals one-mile pledge walk departs heading north on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk
1:30 - Demonstrations and Games continue
Virginia Beach SPCA Events Director
Virginia Beach SPCA Development Director
Neptune's Park is located at 31st Street at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
From Interstate 64:
Take Interstate 264 toward the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Turn left onto Pacific Avenue. Go 10 blocks and turn left onto 31st Street.
Parking is available in the Municipal Garage on31st Street between Atlantic and Pacific Avenues.
The Virginia Beach SPCA is located at 3040 Holland Road, near the intersection of Dam Neck and Holland Roads.
From Interstate 64:
Take Interstate 264 toward the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Exit toward S. Independence Blvd. Move into the left-hand lanes as S. Independence turns into Holland Rd. Stay on Holland Rd., cross over Dam Neck, and the VBSPCA will be on your left.
Preparing Your Pet
- - Dogs must have current rabies vaccination and city tag
- - All pets must be sociable with other animals
- - Dogs should wear a suitable collar and be on a leash at all times. All other animals must be on a leash or restrained in some form.
- - Watering stations will be provided
- - Plastic bags will be provided for walkers to clean up after their pets along the way
- - For everyone's comfort and safety, we cannot allow female dogs in season to participate
- - Please, no tricks or costumes that may harm or cause discomfort to your pet or child
- - For liability reasons, we can only allow VBSPCA volunteers who have been through Kennel Orientation to walk VBSPCA adoptable animals
Interested in helping with the Walk for the Animals? It takes the help of MANY volunteers to make this event such a success, and we would love for you to help!
A few of the places where volunteers are needed: packing & setup, games & activities, registration, merchandise sales, information booth, poop scooping and water bowls, prize distribution
It is not necessary to complete the VBSPCA volunteer orientation prior to helping with this event. Please contact Teresa Lamarche, Volunteer & Outreach Director, if you are interested in volunteering for this wonderful event:
(757) 427-0070 x41